Update from Dominic Sherry, CEO, Viridian Apartments
Throughout my 30+ years within the travel industry, I have personally been through numerous challenges and adversity whilst living and working across the globe but nothing like this. It really has, and continues to be, such a challenging time for us all.
I felt it was necessary and timely to provide an update on what’s happening within the world of Viridian Apartments. Like everybody, our business has suffered during the Covid-19 period but we have taken this time to restructure the organisation, review our current units and look at opportunities to grow Viridian Apartments’s portfolio to ensure that we come out of this in a strong position.
I am delighted to outline some of the initiatives below that we have launched during the crisis and also announce new products to complement our current Viridian Apartments portfolio. I’m pleased to let you know that we are currently negotiating on several new opportunities to grow our footprint in London and throughout the regions.
• At the height of the Covid-19 crisis, we worked diligently to ensure that all our apartments remained a safe and functional environment for our current guests to continue living in and to support essential workers in need of accommodation solutions. We also worked with our partner homeless charity Centrepoint to provide staff accommodation within Central London to help support their work.
• Here at Viridian Apartments we have enjoyed a long reputation for rigorous cleaning and operational procedures and have significantly stepped-up sanitisation measures, social distancing and behavioural practices during Covid-19 with a program rolled out across all Viridian Apartments locations. Partnering with Selden (an accredited manufacturer of cleaning and hygiene chemicals) we launched our Stay Safe With Us programme, designed to protect our staff and to provide guests with an assurance of safety and security during their stay.
• As one of the UK’s largest serviced apartment providers for corporate travellers, we felt it was important to offer a safe, stress-free and comfortable self-isolation solution for inbound travellers during the UK quarantine period. We are therefore currently offering an exclusive corporate travel quarantine package.
• We announced last week a return to our full weekly housekeeping and maintenance services for those guests that wish them. Those not opting in will continue to receive a contact-free delivery of our Weekly Care Package.
• In the current climate, home-working has understandably increased and we feel it is imperative that guests have the option of requesting a ‘home-working’ set-up in order to work efficiently and comfortably from their apartment. We now offer this set-up free of charge for longer-stays or for a nominal fee for very short stays. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our guests: a home away from home environment but also a place to work.
• Turning to some very positive news in these unprecedented times: we continue with our ambitious portfolio expansion plans and are delighted to announce that we will be launching a new building of 44 units in central Reading in the coming weeks. The building’s interior will benefit from a £600K+ refurbishment project as we look to stamp our Viridian Apartments signature style on each apartment in turn. This latest launch is hot on the heels from our most recent portfolio expansion of 22 units in Queen’s Park, London.
Looking further ahead, we continue to work on several new initiatives which will broaden and strengthen our offering to all our partners and guests - watch this space!
Very best wishes from us all here at Viridian Apartments.
CEO, Viridian Apartments